Thursday, 23 January 2014

South African stash building

Okay, so I showed you the quilt I took with me to South Africa on my recent trip.  Did you wonder what filled that space on the return journey ... keep in mind I could check in 22kgs



I found these gems at a fabulous shop in the town called Kleinmond - my Mom's LQS.  What made it the most tempting was that they were so honest in their pricing that the bolts were still marked at the original pricing.


Considering I wasn't a tourist, didn't visit that many restaurants, pubs or coffee shops, no longer smoke ... I had to spend my pennies on something *grin*  and came away with a stash build bundle


and a co-ordinated bundle with the floral as the main blender, even though there is not that much of it.   


 Then on a trip to my old home town of Somerset West, I visited a 'newish-to-me' very large fabric shop that stocks a fair selection of quilting cottons.  As much as I have no idea what I'll use them for, there was no way I could leave without some of those fabulous peacock feathers, and of course some blues that went with them.

I need to decide on fabrics to use for my Sugar Block Club blocks and may use either the floral or the feathers, and add some other co-ordinated fabrics.

If you think that these fabrics filled the space, I got news for you, they didn't.  I'll show the others on another day.



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendz, it's Martha from MachineQuilter. I love your fabric! You left a comment on my blog post about the retreat. You'll find the info on the new website: www.shop.machinequilter.co.uk or ring me 01526 378057 There are still a few spaces left : )

    ReplyDelete

It would be great if you left a message or comment, or just say Hi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...