Friday, 17 January 2014

Finish Along 2014 Quarter 1


I'm sure you all know that Katy of The Littlest Thistle is hosting a 2014 Finish Along.

Finish Along 2014

Oh boy, this is kind of embarrassing, seeing as I have a lot of unfinished projects.  However, seeing as so many other wonderful sewers, embroiderers and quilters are standing up and listing their projects they hope to finish, I've decided to join in.


Number one on the list is a cot quilt for a baby this is due in March.  His Granny, a special friend of mine, has asked me to make this quilt for her soon-to-arrive grandson.  She has asked for a quilt to measure 150cm x 100cm and that it has yellow, green, blue and white in it.  

Number two is an embroidery I started about a year ago.  There is not much left to do and I think it'll probably go into a frame and hang alongside similarly styled embroideries. 


Number three is an embroidery that I started when I first started my travels in 2005.  It fitted nicely into a plastic sleeve and has travelled many miles around the world. 


Sadly, it's still not finished.  The original pattern has it made into a cushion cover.  Personally, I think I'd like it too to go into a frame.

Number four is this Martha Negley fabric quilt top.  It simply needs to be layered, pinned and quilted.  I'm thinking of using a shade of thread that matches with the pumpkin seeds and stitching along their edges.



Lastly, number five is this simple but fun embroidery that I found at the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching show last year.  I semi finished the bottom one during an impromptu sit down and stitch class and then bought a kit for a poppy version (the top one) and together, hopefully, when they're done, they'll brighten up some wall space somewhere.

Don't for one minute think these are the only unfinished projects I have!  I do hope to get them done and will show them as they get done - don't hold your breath though as I'm not the most regular blogger like some of you stars.



Enhanced by Zemanta

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...